Deputy Director at Iwalewa-Haus, Africa Centre of University of Bayreuth and Project Leader at the Bayreuth Academy of Advanced African Studies. In 2013 she defended her doctoral thesis with the title “(Re)Mapping Luanda - Utopia und Nostalgia in der ästhetischen Praxis”. She is also curator of a number of exhibitions such as “Agora Luanda” (2007), “Portraits of a Slippery Look” – Kiluanji Kia Henda (2008), “Dzzzz – Nástio Mosquito” (2008), “Hidden Pages” - António Ole (2009) and “Somos Irmãos” - Die angolanische Fotografenfamilie Pinto Afonso” (2010). research interests: Contemporary Art, Popular Culture, Youth Cultures, Performance Art, Music, Contemporary Dance in Africa, Urban Studies, (post)socialism, socialits realism. geographical areas: Angola, Mozambique, Kenya, Uganda.
- Out of Europe XI – New films from Africa / Cologne (Germany)
- Exhibitions Iwalewa-Haus Bayreuth, Germany: Johan Thom, Christophe Ndabananiye and Somos Irmãos
- two weeks until deadline: CFP ECAS 2013 "Revolution 3.0: iconographies of utopia in Africa and its diaspora"
- CFP: ECAS 2013 "Revolution 3.0: iconographies of utopia in Africa and its diaspora"
- KLICK! - Your View of Human Rights and Globalization How to participate